TrainID’s ARFF (aircraft rescue en fire fighting) at DFW in Dallas.
DFW has an excellent reputation in ARFF training. Dallas Fort Worth offers hands-on training on the largest burn-pit of the US. But not only fire fighting makes them interesting. Also the aircrafts you are visiting and see up-close all their safety and emergency features as well as critical elements for you as a ARFF responder.
Currently TrainID offers training at DFW by appointment only. DFW has changed their training grounds recently.
So why Train at DFW?
- DFW has the largest active fuel spill burn area in the United States. Their fuel spill burn area is 45m in diameter and is Texas Certified and IFSAC certified.
- Their 48-hour Basic ARFF (BA48) course is recognized by AAAE.
- The Fuel Spill Burn Area and Interior Aircraft Fire Trainer are "separate" projects allowing for multiple training evolutions to be occurring simultaneously.
- The Facility is located close to:
- A/A, Eagle, Kitty hawk, and other aircraft heavy maintenance facilities providing for a wide variety and large number of commercial aircraft for familiarization field trips
- A/A Flight academy for use of cabin simulators for aircraft door and evacuation training
- DFW utilizes 16 different fireplaces that enable them to offer an unlimited amount of training scenarios.